Friday, April 11, 2008

Lay off, will you?!

"why don't you just get out of my head, for goodness sake! i'm suffering here! can't you just let me be? why is it that when i think of the situation, i always end up on the short end of the rope?!

"what's the big deal, anyway?! alright, alright, i do admit i'm a loser..you don't have to rub it in my face, for crying out loud! how can i even concentrate on anything if you keep popping up out of the blue?! sheeeeshh!

yeah, i know, i know..i have to let go of it..but how can i do it if you keep reminding me of the times when i made a fool out of myself? i'm aware that i had high hopes..and i did expect something..but it really does feel now that i was hoping for something that could not be.. dreaming for a reality that won't exist..

okay okay..i did say and agree that i would let the situation be..that if something came up, i'd try to do something to fix it..but everytime i do, i just end up getting squished afterwards! i feel like a jerk everytime i settle matters like this..i'm the one forgotten and neglected..

well, what can a guy like me do? i'm just a 'bridge' after all..i settle matters when i'm faced with them..and because of my duty, i have to try to determine the answer to every problem i'm faced..including my own..

but can't you just get out of my head NOW?! yeah, i know..i part of me wants you to leave, but still, there's the side that's saying 'no! please! don't leave! i don't want you to..' everytime i remember your situations, i end up smiling and yet, it's fake..i smile, trying to hide all hurt and emotion and showing happiness for what just happened..

it's like you recognize my existence only when you need me and yet you give me no worth after all's well..i guess the problem is that i'm stupid enough to answer every dilemma you throw at me even though i know that at the end of it, i'd be the loser..i'm not strong enough to say that you have to do it on your own if you want to survive..it's better that you didn't know i existed..rather than have you forget me when you find your peace..is that my role in this lifetime?"

"It's not easy for me to live my life being who I am. Keeping secrets."
-Superman, Superman Returns..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home